About The Energy Forum, LLC:
The Energy Forum, LLC. Headquarter in Houston Texas, connects industry's leading thought & opinion shapers through Interactive Forums discussing timely Energy Industry technical & business issues, conducts Research Projects designed to clarify opportunities & obstacles & provides Detailed Reports designed to benefit the bottom line.
Neil Staley, CEO & Helen Daglas, COO have a combined working experience within the oil & gas industry of nearly 60 years since the
early 1970's. They have guided Research, Production, Management & Sponsorship for dozens of conferences & roundtables since the
founding of the company in January 2002.
Annual Conferences & Roundtables
- Unconventional Resources Series brings industry leaders who have practical experience in developing Unconventional
Resource Plays together in an environment that promotes knowledge exchange. In 2006 The Energy Forum began the series by
hosting 10 roundtables in Houston, Tulsa, Denver, Dallas & Calgary. Several hundred industry experts came together to discuss
important issues concerning the Exploration & Development of Unconventional Resources. Popular meetings include
Expanding Shale Plays co-hosted with Pioneer Natural Resources since 2006 and Expanding Appalachian Shale Plays cosponsored
by Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association (PIOGA).
- Deep Offshore Reservoir - Pore Pressure & Wellbore Stability Forum begun in 2004 develops a strategic bottom line focus to
these critical geoscience & engineering areas
- Gulf Waters Series begun in 2003 focuses on Deep Water Challenges & Opportunities and the Deep Gas Play on the Gulf of
- Reporting Reserves Series began in 2004 & to date has brought hundreds of oil & gas industry professionals together to discuss
& recommend changes to the SEC reserves reporting regulations. Those recommendations are compiled into concise, nonattributable
reports which are then sent to the SEC. The series has grown to include Determining Reserves, Preparation
Processes, Look Back Analysis, Inter-Company Issues & more.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Back to Business Series began in 2004 brings together oil & gas professionals to focus on practical procedures
& processes not just the law
- Acquisition, Divestiture & Merger Series began in 2003 provides cutting edge discussion of current trends & developments &
practical insight to the multitude of capital sources & the most advantageous method of acquiring funds
In addition to creating proprietary events Mr. Staley & Ms. Daglas helped organize & manage numerous others including.
- SPE Gulf Coast Section Digital Energy Conference from it's infancy through its growth to a two day event in 2005
- DeepStar Forum on Best Practices for Designing, Completing & Operating High Rate Wells a joint industry technology
- American Rock Mechanics Association annual convention, Gulf Rocks
- ChevronTexaco Gulf of Mexico Gas Hydrates JIP* in collaboration with NETL/DOE, Gulf of Mexico Naturally Occurring
Gas Hydrates JIP Workshops
- Houston Advanced Research Center (HARC) & the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division (NSWCCD), Blue
Water Technology Center Inaugural public meeting & the NAVSEA-Carderock Division Shared Technology Transfer
Program Showcase in West Bethesda, Maryland
- Offshore Energy Resources & Infrastructure: A global net assessment underwritten by the U.S. DOD
Ms. Daglas is a member of: Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association (PIOGA) Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE),
American Association of Drilling Engineers (AADE) & American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), Society of Exploration