Some of what we have learned
These and much more will be covered July 9th in Houston
- ReFrac Candidate Selection Criteria Workflow: Honing in on the details
- Keys to identifying your suitable ReFrac Candidates
- Achieving effective diversion
- Isolating the Horizontal zones as you ReFrac each stage - Options
- Utilizing the NEW ReFrac Template designed to be applied in calculating wells ReFrac cost & potential ROI
- Delineating keys to ReFrac economics evaluations
- Your ReFrac options when entering an existing wellbore
- Geologic considerations when considering a ReFrac
- Reservoir aspects to be considered in your analysis for a ReFrac
- Considerations that might keep you from considering a ReFrac
"Refracturing wells within even the first few years of production may provide significant economic benefits, especially during periods of downturns in oil and gas prices when drilling budgets are reduced"
George E. King, distinguished engineering adviser at Apache Corporation
American Oil & Gas Reporter magazine April 2015 edition. Excellent article!
"An analysis of 16 refractured Eagle Ford oil wells showed an average EUR increase of 57%, with the increase ranging from 10% to 184%" (see SPE 173340, presented at the 2015 Hydraulic Fracturing Technology Conference Feb. 2015) Excellent paper!
This series has generated substantial current knowledge about ReFracs! It strongly appears that today's process of refracing is developing to the point that it will be utilized much more often in the future regardless of the price environment!
The Energy Forum (TEF) ReFrac Study© 2015
TEF ReFrac Study© 2015 Midyear report is co-authored by Rocky Seale, Principle, Seale Enterprises Ltd., Doug Walser, Technology Manager, Hydraulic Fracturing Center of Excellence, Pinnacle a Halliburton Co. and Neil Staley CEO The Energy Forum
A complementary copy of the 2015 Midyear Report will be available at this meeting and provided to anyone who has attended one or more of the study meetings.
Our "Study of Restimulation (ReFrac) Practices" addresses some key questions about refracs at each meeting.
YOUR FEE INTITLES YOU TO:
- Food and Beverage for the day
- PowerPoint presentations from this roundtable we are permitted to post
- PowerPoint presentations from the FULL SERIES we are permitted to post
- TEF ReFrac Study© 2015 Midyear report
NOTE: Our roundtables are intentionally limited in seating to permit interaction and exchange of ideas.